A period instrument early music ensemble presenting (mostly!) Baroque music based in Savannah, Georgia and the Low Country.
Savannah Baroque presents: Music for a While
Savannah Baroque plays at Greenville, SC's wonderful new Carolina Music Museum using one of their antique English harpsichords in an afternoon of music such as may have been performed in the southeastern colonies/states.
Members Anne Acker (harpsichord), Marcy Brenner (viola da gamba), Ann Cafferty (baroque violin) , Eric Caines (baroque oboe), Jeana Melilli (traverso) and Kyle Siddons (baritone) will perform works by Albinoni, Handel, Hasse, Hotteterre, Purcell, Leclair, and Corelli.
August 26. 2018
3 pm - 4 pm
Carolina Music Museum
516 Buncombe St.
Greenville, SC 29601
- Audio recordings from Le Concert Royal: Music from the Court of Versailles
- Savannah Baroque awarded grant for residency at The Classical Academy
- Nov. 12, 2017: 1685: Music of Bach, Handel and Scarlatti at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Savannah
- Video of Savannah Baroque performing Handel’s “Sweet Bird”
- Savannah Baroque on WRUU 107.5 FM
- August 26, 2018: Savannah Baroque plays ‘Music for a While’ at the Carolina Music Museum on August 26, 2018 3:00 pm
- Oct. 14, 2018: Members of Savannah Baroque perform in Savannah Philharmonic Larsen Musician Spotlight Series on October 14, 2018 5:00 am
- Dec. 23, 2019, Members of Savannah Baroque perform in The Goliards Christmas on December 23, 2018 3:00 pm
- January 2019: Savannah Baroque in residence at The Classical Academy on January 7, 2019
Like our page and join the conversation.