A period instrument early music ensemble presenting (mostly!) Baroque music based in Savannah, Georgia and the Low Country.
Savannah Baroque presents "1685: Music of Bach, Handel and Scarlatti"
Savannah Baroque presents “1685: Music of Bach, Handel and Scarlatti“, a concert performed on period instruments featuring works by three great composers with diverse styles all born in 1685. We will be featuring selections from Handel's Ode to St. Cecilia, the patron saint of music, whose name day is November 22.
1685: Music of Bach, Handel, and Scarlatti
Nov. 12, 2017
Doors at 3:30 pm, performance 4 pm - 5:15 pm
Wine reception to follow in Rahn Hall
Unitarian Universalist Church of Savannah
311 E. Harris St. Savannah, GA 31401
Savannah Baroque is the area’s only period instrument, historically informed performance (HIP) Baroque ensemble. We are so fortunate to have a fabulous roster of performers including the stunningly beautiful and moving voices of sopranos Ashley Roper and Tina Zenker Williams, tenor James Hall and baritone Kyle Siddons in duets and solos, as well our tremendous instrumentalists: Marcy Jean Brenner on viola da gamba; Jeana Melilli, baroque flute; Ann Cafferty, baroque violin; and Anne Acker on harpsichord and our newest instrumentalist Eric Caines on baroque oboe.
- Nov. 12, 2017: 1685: Music of Bach, Handel and Scarlatti at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Savannah
- Video of Savannah Baroque performing Handel’s “Sweet Bird”
- Savannah Baroque on WRUU 107.5 FM
- Savannah Morning News reports on Savannah Baroque’s first anniversary
- “Le Donne in Musica” concert: May 13, 2017
- Jan. 27, 2018: Savannah Baroque’s Jeana Melilli solos with The Savannah Philharmonic on January 27, 2018 7:30 pm
- Jan. 30, 2018: Spivey Hall Young People’s Concert on January 30, 2018 11:15 am
- Feb. 11, 2018: Le Concert Royal: Music from the Court of Versailles on February 11, 2018 4:00 pm
- Mar. 4, 2018: Follies and Fantasies on March 4, 2018 5:00 pm
- March 25, 2018: Maestri Italian: Italian Masters of the Baroque on March 25, 2018 5:00 pm
Like our page and join the conversation.